A flashlight is one of the most important items that you should carry on a daily basis. It can help you in a number of ways and in tricky situations. With the advancements in battery and LED technology, keychain flashlights have become a favorite to many. They are small in size, convenient to carry, and very powerful. So, how to find the best keychain flashlight for the money?
Keychain flashlights comparison chart
When selecting a keychain flashlight, you should determine what you need it for. Some are built for everyday use, while others are built for tough conditions. At the moment, there are different types of keychain flashlights on the market. As a result, you can easily find a flashlight that will meet your needs.
Top 10 Best Keychain Flashlight 2018
In this keychain flashlight reviews, we are going to discuss some of the best keychain flashlight for your different needs. These are as follows:
Streamlight 73001 Keychain LED Flashlight
This is an excellent EDC light with outstanding features. The Streamlight nano light is made of machined aircraft-grade aluminum. As a result, it is sturdily built and will last longer. In addition, it has an anodized finish which gives it a shiny look and can resist corrosion. The 5mm white LED provides you with amazing light and can work for up to 100, 000 hours. On new batteries, this flashlight will give you continuous light for 8 hours. The parabolic shaped LED area enhances beam performance to give you bright light. Furthermore, you can use it in wet weather as it is weatherproof. Thus, Streamlight 73001 is one of the best keychain flashlight for regular use.
- Longer run time of up to 8 hours
- Durable construction from machined aircraft grade aluminum
- Excellent beam optimized by the parabolic shaped LED area
- Portable and compact LED light
- Weatherproof flashlight
- Very bright light
- It has a non-rotating snap hook for easy operation and storage
- Streamlight offers a limited lifetime warranty
- It seems to turn on frequently. This drains the battery if you are not aware
- Many customers have complained about the light arriving with dead batteries
Nitecore Tube Keychain Light T series Flashlight
Nitecore offers some of the best Keychain lights on the market. Despite their small size, keychain lights from Nitecore come with a wide range of features. The Nitecore Tube is one such great example. This tiny and robust flashlight is constructed from very lightweight PC materials. The flashlight might be small, but that doesn’t stop it from having a high efficient Li-ion battery. When fully charged, the battery can run consistently up to 48 hours. This is very surprising for such a small flashlight. Simply attach your keys to the stainless steel key ring connector and use the light when the need arises.
- Extremely bright light with a maximum of 45 Lumens
- It has a key ring connector that can withstand a 35kg weight
- Lightweight and compact in design
- Easy to use interface
- Use a rechargeable battery so you don’t need to buy batteries more often.
- Sturdy construction for longer use
- It turns on in the pocket accidentally which may drain the battery if you don’t notice
- It is not very durable as it is not made of very hard materials. Not good for tough conditions.
Olight 90 Lumens i3E EOS Keychain Flashlight
If you are an outdoor enthusiast who loves to keep things light, then the Olight i3S EOS keychain light is a great choice for you. Made of A6061T-T6 aluminum alloy body, this is a flashlight that you can depend on in tough conditions. It is water resistant with an IPX8 rating and has an anodized finish to prevent scratching and corrosion. The Olight i3S light utilizes Philips LUXEON TX LED, which produces a maximum Lumen of 90. The LED functions with the PMMA TIR lens to provide you with an excellent beam that covers 44 meters. In case you drop this flashlight accidentally, it will resist impact of up to 1.5 meters. With such features, this is a great light for campers, hikers, law enforcers, emergency responders, and even hunters.
- Durable construction
- Easy to operate
- Extremely bright light with a maximum of 90 Lumens
- Compact and lightweight LED flashlight
- IPX8 waterproof rated and impact resistant up to 1.5 meters
- Anti-scratch and corrosion resistant
- Powered by the cheap and easy to get AAA battery
- It has a short run time of 35 minutes on AAA batteries or 60 minutes on NiMH battery
Surefire Sidekick Ultra-Compact Keychain light
SureFire is one of the most reliable brands on the market. They are known for their sturdy flashlights, even though they are a bit costly when compared to other quality brands. The SureFire sidekick ultra-compact light is the perfect keychain light. It is small in size but has a high-performance LED. The LED together with the peculiar faceted reflector emits broad, smooth maxvision beam that is enhanced for the human eye. Operating the flashlight is easy and it has three light modes. If the flashlight runs out of power, simply recharge it using the USB port. Also, the Sidekick flashlight is made of a sturdy body that is weather resistant. Attach your keys to this light and use it when the need arises or in an emergency.
- Small and compact
- Lightweight and has a key ring for connecting keys
- 3 light modes for versatile use
- Powered by a rechargeable battery and thus lowers cost of buying new batteries
- Uses LED technology which is indestructible with a longer lifespan
- Weather resistant for use in different conditions
- It is somehow costly when compared to other Tube lights
ThruNite Ti3 NW EDC Flashlight
ThruNite Ti3 EDC light is for individuals who are looking for a versatile and sturdy Keychain light. As small and simple as it appears, this light offers the user with 4 light modes. These are the firefly, low, high, and strobe mode. On top of that, it has an easy to operate switch designed for one-handed operation. It uses CREE XP-G2 LED to provide the user with 120 max Lumens and runs up to 115 hours. Moreover, the flashlight comes with a keychain where you can attach your keys. With its sturdy construction and a wide range of carrying options, this is an ideal light for your outdoor activities. This is the best keychain flashlight for edc.
- Easy to carry as it has a clip
- Sturdily constructed
- Lightweight and compact
- Impact resistant up to 1.2 meters
- It provides very bright light that covers up to 50 meters
- Different light modes for different uses
- It provides light for a very long period (115 hours)
- Accessing strobe mode is very stressing as you have to press the switch 6 times
- The pocket clip appears to be flimsy
Fenix E15 450 Lumens EDC Flashlight
If you are ready to throw out some bucks for a quality keychain light, then do so for the Fenix E15 flashlight. The Fenix is a famous and reliable brand. They have lots of quality products on offer and the Fenix E15 LED flashlight is one of them. This flashlight is constructed to provide you with very bright light as it produces a maximum of 450 Lumens. This is when it is used on one rechargeable 16340 battery and a max of 270 Lumens on 1X CR123A battery. Turning on/off the light is easy with its twisty head switch. The Ultra-compact light has over-heat protection to prevent the high temperature of the surface and intelligent drive circuit for greater battery performance.
- Durable aircraft-grade aluminum construction
- Reverse polarity protection prevents bad battery placement
- Easy to use switch for simple operation
- Low voltage indicator lets you know when to recharge the flashlight
- 4 brightness levels for different uses
- Utilizes Cree XP-G2 white LED with a lifespan of 50, 000 hours
- Doesn’t run for long which is annoying
Lumintop Tool AAA Keychain Flashlight
AAA batteries are some of the most viable batteries for small flashlights like keychain lights. The Lumintop tool keychain flashlight is powered by an AAA battery. This is included in the purchase and it can give you 36 hours of use. With two optional tail caps, you can use a switch of your choice which is either the magnetic switch or the clicky switch. The clicky switch prevents accidental turning on of the flashlight. The durable aluminum construction makes the flashlight to last long. Also, it has a knurled finish for providing grip. Choose from one of the low (5 Lumens), medium (32 Lumens) or high modes (110 Lumens), depending on your needs at the moment.
- Durable aerospace aluminum alloy for longevity
- Water and impact resistant
- Very bright light with a maximum of 110 Lumens
- It has 3 brightness levels for versatile use
- It provides light for many hours (36 hours)
- Has an excellent beam that covers up to 47 meters
- Easy to use light by turning the head or pressing the switch to access light modes
- The light heats up after continuous use
- Difficult to cycle through light modes
Streamlight 73200 KeyMate USB Light
Sometimes, it’s great to go out of the norm and get a quality product that cannot be detected with much ease. The Streamlight 73200 KeyMate flashlight is one such product. Designed like a key, the 73200 light is sturdily built to last long. It offers the user with three light modes and can run up to 2 hours non-stop. Easily recharge this flashlight within 3 hours using the micro-USB. Also, this flashlight can survive tough conditions as it has an IPX4 waterproof rating and it is impact resistant up to 1 meter. The spring-loaded clip allows the user to attach keys or a lanyard. With the low battery level indicator, you will know when to recharge the flashlight. Use the light in the camp or as you change your vehicle tire.
- Weather resistant keychain light
- Lightweight and portable
- Stylish and compact design
- Powered by a rechargeable battery
- Low battery power indicator for showing low battery
- 3 lighting modes for different uses
- Sturdy construction for durability
- It is not very bright with a maximum of 35 Lumens
- It doesn’t last long
Ztuo Yong Mini LED Keychain light
At such a great price, you get a bundle of 6 mini LED keychain flashlights. This flashlight is very bright and easy to operate. This is because of their design and excellent build. In addition, the flashlight is water resistant. It will give you illumination of up to 2 miles and the bulb has a lifespan of 100, 000 hours. The stainless steel hook allows you to attach keys to it or connect a lanyard. Changing the batteries when you run out of power is a breeze and the keychain light only weighs 7 grams. This is a great light for walking your dog in the evening or reading a map.
- Bright light
- Stainless steel hook for attaching keys
- Easy to use flashlight
- Excellent design for easy storage and handling
- Water resistant light
- Comes with an indestructible LED bulb
- Portable and lightweight
- Not the brightest light on a very dark night
- Changing battery is cumbersome
GLAREE EO3 Keychain Flashlight
If you are on a budget but still want one of the best Keychain flashlight on the market, this is the light for you. It can be used for camping, hiking, reading or for emergency activities. The Claree EO3 penlight produces a maximum of 150 Lumens, which is amazing for such a flashlight. Select from one of moonlight, low, high, or strobe mode. Moreover, the flashlight is very easy to use by simply rotating the head. Insert any AAA battery and it will power on the light. Attach the flashlight to your belt or pocket using either the two-way clip or ring. On purchase, the manufacturer provides the user with a 2-year warranty period.
- Powerful flashlight with a maximum of 150 Lumens
- Lightweight and compact light
- 2-way clip for easy storage of the light when not in use
- Sturdy construction and waterproof
- Easy to operate the flashlight
- 4 light modes for versatile usage
- Keychain ring for attaching keys
- 2-year warranty
- The three light setting is not helpful as you have to twist the light thrice to access full brightness
Importance of having a keychain flashlight
The light helps you to feel secure
A keychain light can provide you with sufficient light that will enable you to walk in a dark room or in the garage. Also, it can help to scare away predators as most of them are bright. Additionally, the light can help you look for keys dropped in the yard as you rush to your house.
Most o them are durably constructed
The current keychain lights are sturdily built and can withstand any toughness thrown at them. Normally, they are made of aluminum which is durable and lightweight. This implies that you will use the light for over a long period of time.
They are portable and compact
Unlike handheld flashlights or searchlights, keychain lights are very convenient to carry and to move around with due to their size. They are small but extremely bright. This makes them ideal for use in areas where you can’t carry a handheld light. That’s why a keychain is a wonderful travel light, camping light, and EDC light.
It assists you to be ready for any emergency
It is difficult to carry a handheld or search light throughout. But this is not the case with the keychain flashlight. When an emergency pops up, this flashlight can be of great help as it can be carried with much ease. Simply slip it in your pocket or purse together with the keys.
Keychain lights are usually powered by replaceable batteries
The good thing about using keychain lights is that you can replace their batteries when they run out of power. Also, their batteries have a longer run time and you can use them for ages. All you need is to have spare batteries with you and change them when needed.
Having a flashlight with you with on a day-to-day basis is a great idea. You never know when you might require it. But I know many people who dislike carrying the handheld flashlights as they are a bit cumbersome to carry. The best Keychain flashlight is easy to carry and can be easily attached to your key ring. Today’s keychain lights are tougher, brighter, and more reliable. Select from our list above as it has some of the most sought-after keychain LED flashlights on the market.